"Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator." from Annie Hall (1977)
Woody Allen's Other Works
Books, essays, scripts, plays
News & Website Updates
Shop for juicers at
Trivia from You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
- First feature film directed by Woody Allen that is not produced by Charles H. Joffe. Joffe, who had worked with Allen for nearly 40 years, died in July 2008.
- Nicole Kidman was cast in the lead role but dropped out. Lucy Punch would later accept the role.
- Before Lucy Punch replaced Nicole Kidman, Carice van Houten was considered to replace her.
- Anna Friel filmed her role in a day.
- Monique Alfradique auditioned for the film, but didn't get the part.
- Celia Imrie filmed her role in a day, and said that she accepted the part even though it was small because Woody Allen was such a "legend". Her scenes with Anthony Hopkins, however, never made it into the final cut.
- The line that Roy uses to court Sally ("So much depends on a red wheelbarrow glazed with rainwater beside the white chickens") is actually a poem by William Carlos Williams. It's unclear whether Sally's character knew that or whether Roy stole it for himself (setting up a bit of foreshadowing).
Awards and Nominations
- ALMA Awards, USA
Won ALMA Award
Favorite Movie Actor: Antonio Banderas