Manhattan Murder Mystery - 1993
Director: Woody Allen
Run Time: 104 minutes
Carol becomes suspicious when the woman's husband (Jerry Adler) acts a bit too nonchalant, and begins to uncover clues which she believes point to foul play. Larry is convince Carol is imagining things, causing her to turn to a recently divorced friend, Ted (Alan Alda), for comfort. Larry, meanwhile, is flattered by the attentions of a writer (Anjelica Huston), and frustrated by Carol's insistence that she crack the case.
Main Cast Noteables
- Woody Allen .... Larry Lipton
- Diane Keaton .... Carol Lipton
- Jerry Adler .... Paul House
- Lynn Cohen .... Lillian House
- Ron Rifkin .... Sy
- Joy Behar .... Marilyn
- William Addy .... Jack, the Super
- John Doumanian .... Neighbor
- Sylvia Kauders .... Neighbor
- Ira Wheeler .... EMS Doctor
- Alan Alda .... Ted
- Anjelica Huston .... Marcia Fox
- Melanie Norris .... Helen Moss
- Marge Redmond .... Mrs. Dalton
- Zach Braff .... Nick Lipton
A modern take on the Nick and Nora crime solving couple of The Thin Man movies from the 1930's, they recruit friends (Alan Alda, Anjelica Huston) into solving the mystery. Like a full night's entertainment at a "murder mystery dinner", it's all a very fun ride.
Alda and Houston reappear here for Allen. Alda, who seems to always play a lecherous ham is back from Husbands and Wives, and Huston has a lot more interesting stuff to do here then in Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Full of pure Woody Allan wit, watching Manhattan Murder Mystery is like eating an indulgent dessert. Did I really enjoy that so fast?
Budget: $13.5m (USA)
Production Dates: 1992
Release Date: August 13, 1993 (USA), October 13, 1993 (France), September 10, 1993 (Sweeden), February 18, 1994 (Finland), April 15, 1994 (Spain)